|1st Vice President||Elena Suggsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2nd Vice President||Katie Thompsonemail@example.com|
|Annual Fundraiser||Katie Thompsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Board of Trustees Liaison||Laura Hellardemail@example.com|
|BoxTops for Education||Elena Suggs|
|Grandparents Day||Danielle Solleyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heritage Cares||Amy Frances|
|Heritage Helpers & Ambassadors||Lisa Eyster|
|Homeroom Caregiver Coordinator||Diane Hubbardemail@example.com|
|Online Fundraisers||Elena Suggsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School Wide Musical||Open|
|Square 1 Art||Vicky Heath|
|Veteran's Day||Twila Hundry|
|7th Grade Sponsor||Danielle Solleyemail@example.com|
|8th Grade Sponsor||Blythe Bowmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9th Grade Sponsor||Ginger Bevelsemail@example.com|
|10th Grade Sponsor||Traci Gladishfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11th Grade Sponsor||Ruth Fuller|
Mary Allen Barthel
|12th Grade Sponsor||Sonya Hodge|
- Heritage Helpers is a committee formed to set-up a “buddy system” for new parents and students. Heritage Helpers provides a contact person for each new family to help them become involved and acclimated to the Decatur Heritage Family.
- Homeroom Caregivers are commonly known as “Homeroom Moms”. However, our Homeroom Caregivers include both Moms & Dads. The primary responsibility of a Homeroom Caregiver is to coordinate the efforts of the teacher and the parents of the students in that class. Listed here are just a few of the items a Homeroom Caregiver might participate during a given school year: Field Trips, Special Class Activities, Teacher Snack Days, Teacher Appreciation Luncheon, Teacher and Support Staff Birthdays & Special Days, Fall Festival, Fall Fundraiser Silent Auction Class Project, Grandparents Day, and the Spring Picnic.
- Heritage Cares is an outreach ministry of the DHPA. Heritage Cares assists school families in times of need by providing meals, baked goods, cards, phone calls, and memorials. Memorials are provided to the DHCA Library. E-mail is required to participate. The Chair of the committee will be contacted by the school as needs arise. The Chair will notify the committee of specific needs via e-mail. Volunteers can decide at that time specifically how to help.
- Annual Fundraiser is the primary fundraiser for DHCA. Proceeds from this event are used toward predetermined projects. Parents, grandparents, faculty, staff, alumni, friends of the school and prospective parents enjoy an evening of fellowship & thanksgiving for our many blessings. Exciting changes are being made to this year’s event. It is sure to be an evening that you will not want to miss!
- Grandparents Day is a very special event at DHCA in which Grandparent and Special Friends join their special student for Breakfast, visit the classroom and watch a media presentation about the exciting things happening at DHCA. Often the Annual Book Fair is combined with this special day.
- Square 1 Art is a fundraiser that showcases the artistic talent of our students. The Art Teacher and the committee work together to organize the event. The committee is responsible for ordering and distribution of the artwork.
- Online Fundraisers are easy ways to earn money for our school. DHCA currently participates in the following programs: Publix Partners, Target’s Take Charge of Education, Box Tops for Education and QSP Magazine Sales. Please click on the links for more information on each program.
- Decorations Committee provides seasonal decorations at the school entrance and strives to enhance the appearance of many school functions throughout the year.
- Hospitality Committee provides snacks for various school functions as well as meals for various teacher events. Some events that this committee has historically organized include: Welcome Back Breakfast or Lunch for faculty and staff, lemonade and cookies for Parent Orientation, Thanksgiving Breakfast for faculty and staff, and Teacher Appreciation Day Luncheon.
- Veteran’s Day is a day of recognition and appreciation for DHCA family members and friends who have served or currently serve in the Armed Forces. The Veteran’s Day Committee is responsible for organizing the event, creating the slide show and providing refreshments.
- Christmas Program Committee assists with the development, execution and publicity for this very special event.
- Spring Picnic is an evening of family fun and fellowship with current and prospective DHCA families. Last years event included a talent showcase featuring DHCA students.
- School Wide Musical Committee is crucial in the success of this wonderful event. Activities include: set creation, costumes, publicity, rehearsal parties, etc.
- Field Day is a fun filled day for students and faculty of DHCA. This committee primary assists that teachers with organizing and carrying out the days activities.
- Parent Enrichment Speakers – This committee seeks to find and coordinate speakers that encourage and enhance the roles of our parents. They can be informative, motivational, inspirational, etc.
- Library Committee seeks to assist the Librarian and Teachers with various projects within the Library.
- Grants – This is a new committee charged with finding and apply for grants that enable DHCA to achieve educational and/or community outreach enhancement.
- 7th & 8th Grade Sponsors – Responsible for ensuring timely communication between classroom parents, parents association and administration.
- Upper School Coordinator – Responsible for ensuring timely communication between upper school classroom parents, parents association and administration.