Decatur Heritage Christian Academy (Decatur, AL) is seeking to hire dynamic and talented teachers for the next school year.
Current openings are…
Bible/Social Studies (grades 5-6)
Mathematics (grades 7-9)
Bible (grades 9-12)
History (grades 9-12)
There is flexibility for full time or part time work within these opportunities. Potentially, a hybrid role involving more than one discipline may be possible depending on the teaching applicant’s experience, expertise, and/or interests.
The ideal candidate…
- Professes faith in Jesus Christ as his or her Savior and Lord and lives a life of high character guided by this faith.
- Demonstrates a heart of service and care for students as image-bearers of God.
- Has strong professional or collegiate references; teaching certification and experience in a school setting is preferred.
- Understands the subject matter to be taught well and possesses effective pedagogical approaches within the discipline.
- Encourages and cultivates the Christian mind and spiritual growth of each student through teaching and learning founded on a biblical world and life view.
- Exhibits creativity, strong organizational skills and is flexible, patient, and responsible.
- Exhibits strong communication and relational skills with students and adults.
- Serves as a God-honoring mentor, advocate and resource to his or her students both inside of and outside of the classroom experience.
- Values personal and professional growth.
- Cultivates and enhances a collaborative learning community.
If you are interested, you are invited to complete our online Teacher Application.
For more information, please contact our Head of School, Steve Hall, at firstname.lastname@example.org.