Decatur Heritage Christian Academy values a community that represents global nature of the Kingdom of God. We see great value in learning and engaging in education from a multi-cultural perspective, for the benefit of the international students as well as in our immediate school community. DHCA is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
International Student Application Process
1. Submit required documents for application. All forms are to be submitted in English or with an English translation.
International Teacher Recommendation Form (required from 1 mathematics teacher and 1 English teachers)
* $500 Application Fee (non-refundable)
* Copy of student’s valid passport
* School Records – all high school grades, if applicable (minimum of 3 years of academic records required)
ITEP, TOFEL or TOFEL Jr. test scores
* Recent photo of student
* Physical Examination form with immunization records, dated within 1 year prior to the date of entering school
* Vision Examination form, dated within one year prior to the date of entering school
2. Upon receipt of the application, fee, and completed application packet, the application will be reviewed and the applicant’s family will be notified of the next steps or an admissions decision.
3. Students who are admitted and issued an I-20 will need to pay their I-901 fee (http://www.fmjfee.com- please make sure to print your receipt), apply for and obtain an F1 visa from the U.S. Embassy in their home country, and arrive in the United States at least 14 days before classes begin to be available for placement testing and scheduling of the academic year.
4. Admitted students must submit proof of medical insurance, valid within the United States. If needed, insurance can be purchased through ISO Insurance. Must be received at least 2 weeks prior to arrival in the United States.
If you have any questions about the international student admissions process, please contact Mrs. Connie Murray, Admissions Director.
International Student Tuition
International Student Tuition includes: tuition, books, host family fees (room & board), and student services.
Specific financial information is available through your representing agent. If you do not have a representing agent, please contact Mrs. Connie Murray, Admissions Director, at 256.351.4275 or via email (email@example.com) for more information.